This classroom lays out your options for many different student loan debt situations.
Is this classroom for you?
You may use this classroom if:
- You have student loan debt
- You're worried about falling behind on your payments
- You are already behind on your payments, or your loans are in default
- You want to learn more about different kinds of loan repayment or loan discharge.
How to use this classroom
We've created this classroom so you can walk through a process step-by-step and keep track of your progress. The general topics are on the left side of your screen. With this classroom, you don't need to complete all the steps. You can choose to read only the steps that you want to learn about.
- Click on the name of the step you want to visit OR use the “next” and “previous” buttons at the bottom of each page to go between sections of the classroom.
- Click the gray checkmark next to each step when you’re done. It will turn green. Next time you come back to the classroom, you can pick up where you left off.
- OR read through the steps without checking them off just to learn more about the process. If you check something off by mistake, just click on the checkmark again to un-check it.
A good place to start is by watching this video. It's an overview of some of the most important information we cover in this classroom, and it may help you figure out where to start.
You may also want to visit these sites for more resources, and to learn more about navigating your student loan debt.